Thursday, June 20, 2013

Praise and Wife Life


The trouble with blogging is where to start..  I never have anything catchy to say when I start... So I just start typing. I like to think this is part of my charm. I have been working on this blog all week. The section that came the most easily to me was about my walk. The Lord is stirring in me for sure. I think this is why it came so easy to me. The hardest obviously was talking about our TTC journey, I am sure this could have been a whole blog on its own, but I just don’t have the motivation to make a whole blog about it. Frankly, some days I am tired of talking and thinking about it, I just want it to happen.  So in the words of Peter Pan “ Here we gooooo!”

My Walk: The last few days it has been on my heart about praising the Lord in all circumstances and situations. How we find it so easy to say “Praise Jesus” when things go our way or His blessings are in our good graces. But are we quick to praise him when we have struggles and hardships. I have been thinking/praying more and more on this as we are struggling with trying to conceive. The failure of trying to get pregnant definitely pushes me to praise God when I don’t feel so – praisey. Yeah I know thats not a word...but it felt right at the time. But then I praise him for Noah, my husband, and ALL the blessings he provides on a daily basis. For that I am truly and eternally grateful for. So why do I feel lack luster to praise him when it comes to TTC? I know I am being selfish and not putting it in the Lord’s hands. Everyday, I pray that he gives me the strength to give it (TTC) to Him, and he will work miracles. I KNOW the Lord works miracles.  I have witnessed many in my life. The main one being saved by Christ and to have an awesome relationship with Him. It truly has made everything he touches in my life praiseworthy. So that takes me to praising God in the good, the bad and the ugly. The Lord takes the good, the bad, and the ugly. As I grow in Christ, I know that even when my praise in a storm of life is weak, God makes me strong.
Dear Father God, I praise you in times of good and bad, lightness and darkness, blessings and disappointments. I know you will never fail me, but bring me to a place of joy and peace. Amen!
“My heart is steadfast, O God; I will sing, I will sing praises, even with my soul... “ Psalm 108:1

My Wife Life: I am so pleased and honored to be apart of a wonderful group of women who get to promote and launch a book of one of my favorite authors, Sara Horn. The newest book coming out is My So Called Life as a Submissive Wife.  
She has written many books that just hit the nail on the head when it comes to living as a Christian wife. With that, I am so pleased to be apart of this team. I can’t wait to learn and grow  more during this experience. Her Book will be released August 1, 2013. YAY ! if you want  to know more you can read her blogs at: Sara Horn's Blog  and My So Called Life as a Provers 31 Wife


TTC: Well There is so much to write on this, I will have to do a separate post on this, with acronyms and explanations. Basically we will need IVF with ICSI. That’s really all I will say on the Subject. This bible verse although is helping me pray on giving me peace.  “Don't be worried! Have faith in God and have faith in me." — John 14:1 (CEV)
The Family: We are all well and good. Noah and I are settling into a routine that works for us while James is away at LDAC. James is settling into his long hours and endless meetings at LDAC. We are in prayers for a promotion to E9 For James.  He would love to be a Command Sergeant Major. It is his dream. I pray it is to come to pass this time around. He is a great candidate.  Noah and I have VBS in August, and we have lots of movies to see, and trying to figure out sports and activities for the fall. Lots going on in the day to day hum drum.
Other News: Really nothing. I have a recipe to post and no real product reviews just yet. I am in the process of changing my skincare products. And with me, this is no light task. I research, read reviews, and do lots of pros/cons when I make a drastic move like this. I pride myself on great skin, but when we moved some of my products are very hard to find. So time for a change.  
Daily Tidbits:

·         The weather as warmed up to the 80’s. As long as it stays there I am ok.

·         I can’t wait to see Monster’s University. I think I am more excited than Noah

·         I love BBC America shows. Watching Upstair, Downstairs currently through Netflix.

·         I love the smell of coconut in the summer time

·         I miss my friend Tabatha. It stinks to not have any friends here to talk to.

·         Its hard for me to make friends. Believe it or not I am really shy

 
    Love and Blessings
Carlise

1 comment:

  1. Hi Carlise!

    I just finished checking out your blog and wanted to see if you might be interested in collaborating on something. If you'd like to discuss, just send me an email when you have a chance!

    -Emma

    emmabanks9 (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete

I love to meet new friends.... feel free to leave me something!